99 CURVE CICLOSTORICA
- The 99 CURVE is a free excursion, NON-COMPETITIVE historical cycling event on asphalted roads and white roads; the entire route will always be open to traffic and therefore it is MANDATORY for all participants to respect the Highway Code. The organizers are not responsible for any damage to third parties, people or things.
- The short route (50km): cyclists in possession of a medical certificate for competitive activity or cyclists in possession of non-competitive certification up to 70 years of age:
– ITALIAN RESIDENCE, (cycling amateurs and cycle tourists) with a card valid for the year 2024 issued by FCI or by the EPS that have signed the agreement with the F.C.I. for the year 2024, and to the members of the organizations who present the Bike Card together with the card of their organization, as long as it is valid on the date of the event. The card must be sent with the admission application. Anyone without a card will be able to activate a daily one at a cost of €10, although a medical certificate is mandatory.
– for athletes of FOREIGN RESIDENCE: certificate of eligibility for participation in competitive cycling races also issued by a doctor in their Country of residence (LINK)
- The long route (90km): cyclists in possession of a medical certificate for competitive cycling:
- ITALIAN MEMBERS, (amateur cyclists), aged 18 and over, with a card valid for the year 2024 issued by the Italian Cycling Federation or by the Sports Promotion Bodies that have signed the agreement with the F.C.I. for the year 2024, and to the members of the organizations who present the Bike Card together with the card of their organization, as long as it is valid on the date of the event. The card must be sent with the admission application. Anyone without a card will be able to activate a daily one at a cost of €10, although a medical certificate is mandatory.
- for athletes of FOREIGN RESIDENCE: certificate of eligibility for participation in competitive cycling races also issued by a doctor in their Country of residence (LINK)
- Only cyclists with vintage bicycles built before 1987 will be admitted to the start (not MTB, cyclocross or gravel); with gear levers on the down tube of the frame or on the ends of the handlebar, with pedals equipped with toe clips and straps and with the passage of the brake wires external to the handlebar.
- You may also use VINTAGE STYLE BIKES, i.e. road racing bicycles with steel frames of new or more recent production but with construction characteristics similar to vintage bikes, as long as they are assembled with components similar to the originals in compliance with the points above described.
- Exceptions on the type of bicycle will be granted for participants with motor or sensory disabilities who specifically request it from the organisation.
- Participants must wear vintage or vintage-style cycling gear, such as wool jerseys and shorts and avoid wearing modern technical gear in a visible way. Modern lycra jerseys and shorts are not permitted. With regard to the vintage spirit of the event, participants are invited to carefully select all their accessories, from shoes to caps and water bottles etc. The only modern cycling accessory allowed is a safety-cycling helmet, which we encourage everybody to use.
- Anyone who shows up at the start with a bicycle that does not comply with these regulations will not be admitted.
- The management reserves the right not to admit cyclists with “unsuitable” clothing or attitudes to the start.
- Registrations can be made online via the link from the 99curve.it website, or on site on the days of the event. At the time of registration, a copy of the medical certificate valid on the date of the event and of the cycling card must be sent to the organization; registrations without this documentation will not be considered valid.
- Participation fee
Online until March 31st €25.00; online from 1st to 30th April €30.00; on site on the days of the event €35.00
- the race pack with gadgets
- the number for the bicycle;
- the travel “carnet” on which to affix the control stamps;
- final refreshment.
To participate you must present a racing bicycle that meets the period requirements, dressed in clothing consistent with the vehicle.
They will be rewarded:
– the most VINTAGE, i.e. the male participant who will wear the clothing that best reflects the spirit of the event,
– the most VINTAGE or the female participant who will wear the clothing that best reflects the spirit of the event,
– the most characteristic bicycle based on the value of the vehicle, the quality of the restoration and the number of consistent accessories. The judgment is unquestionable.
To collect the prize, the physical presence of the competitor + bike + clothing at the meeting place and time is essential.
The awards ceremony will be held at the end of the event. The awards are not drawn up based on times.
- The route will be entirely marked, but we invite each participant to view the routes and tracks, which can also be downloaded from the site in the days preceding the event.
- Departure is scheduled for 9.00 am.The group will be driven by means of the organization which CANNOT BE EXCEEDED, under penalty of disqualification from the event. The arrival will take place in the same area as the departure. The maximum time is set at 3.00 pm
- The presence of healthcare assistance with accompanying ambulance is expected. An escort in non-certified vintage cars/motorcycles is provided. There will be a broom wagon that will follow the event to collect those who find themselves in mechanical difficulty.
- Given the danger of punctures, we recommend using sturdy tires and having at least 2 spare tubes or inner tubes, the equipment for their replacement and the pump.
- Any complaints must be sent to the organization exclusively via email: firstname.lastname@example.org within the following ten days of the event.
- Disqualifications will apply to participants:
- that exceeded the means of the organization;
- caught on unauthorized route deviations;
- who behave in a disrespectful and offensive manner towards the judges and the organization staff;
- who have to throw waste outside the areas set up at the refreshment points and controls.
- The organization reserves the right to make changes to the Regulations and to the event in general at any time.
- If due to any causes of force majeure (bad weather, red zone, etc.) the event does not take place, you are not entitled to any refund of the registration fee paid, furthermore cancellations, substitutions or postponements for the years are not permitted. subsequent ones.
- Voluntary registration and consequent participation in the event indicate full acceptance of this regulation and any changes made. By registering, the participant exempts the organizers from any liability, both civil and criminal, for damage to people and/or things caused by him or derived from him. By registering, competitors authorize the organization to use free of charge, without territorial or time limits, still and moving images portraying them during their participation in the event.